Farm Bureau Scholarship
The Montgomery County Farm Bureau, Inc., with contributions from the Edward Byrd Foundation, realizes the importance of supporting the next generation in order to keep agriculture viable and to keep family farms and agriculture related businesses in the state of Maryland. To further this purpose, the Montgomery County Farm Bureau is pleased to offer $30,000 in scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. These scholarships are intended to assist students who have demonstrated exceptional character, scholarship, and talent, who are interested in pursuing an education and eventual career in Maryland’s agricultural, plant related, and/or educational fields.
Eligible applicants must:
(1) be a resident of Montgomery County, Maryland;
(2) major in an agricultural field OR have a family or individual membership in Montgomery County Farm Bureau;
(3) be enrolled or accepted in an undergraduate or graduate curriculum at a vocational, two-year or four-year institution (student must carry a full-time course load during the semesters the scholarship is granted);
(4) demonstrate an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher;
(5) receive two excellent letters of recommendation from employers, and/or instructors, and/or industry contacts; and
(6) provide a response to an essay prompt of 500 words or less.
Applicant must also be available to receive the scholarship in person at a Montgomery County Farm Bureau Event or monthly meeting.
The completed application and all attachments must be received by Sunday, April 28, 2019. Applicants will be notified of the results by email.
Montgomery County Farm Bureau, with over 3,000 member families, is part of the Maryland Farm Bureau, a private, non-profit membership organization. The Maryland Farm Bureau’s mission is to promote and protect Maryland agriculture and rural life. Its strength comes from the active participation of over 37,000 member families that belong to the state's 23 county Farm Bureaus. For more information, visit https://www.mdfarmbureau.com/montgomery/
The information on this page is shared as received by the Montgomery County Farm Bureau. Please contact the Bureau for questions or more information.